British Golden Age Comics has so far been viewed 214, 813 times while UK Golden Age Heroes and Comics has had 89,884 views.
Trying to publish new material to two blogs which, quite honestly, are on the same subject is a lot of work. Getting the material, writing it up, editing and posting can take time and there are things I have looked at when trying to make a decision as the their future.
Firstly, the posts attract no comments or VERY rarely attract a comment. There is no feed back or conversation with readers -that was the whole point of the blogs because you might assume with the number of views someone must think something or have questions.
Secondly, sales of the Platinum, Golden and Dark Ages compilations. Each book can take a couple months to put together and gathering the material can cost. But the books are a "passion project". There were at one time a lot of supposed fans of comics from these periods and the material I publish is what we would have grabbed like crazy in the years preceding the internet and the new age of illiteracy.
Of the Black Tower Gold reprints I believe that two copies have sold of each. Of the Ultimate Golden Age Collection about 5 copies. That is not weak that is an abject failure. Once I shift this mortal coil the online store closes. There are no stocks of books to buy in later years as everything is print on demand. Only books ordered get printed. Yep, I go everything goes and I had hoped there would at least be copies of the books out there for the future.
So, lack of any comments/conversations or sales of books has had me re-assess the blogs. What I do post in future will opnl;y be on the British Golden Age Comics blog.
These changes will begin at some point before Christmas so if you are still interested in the material BGAC is the blog to earmark.
This blog will be left as it is until I make a decision about it in the New Year.
Thank You.
No comments:
Post a Comment